Posted on May 29th, 2013
World MS Day 2013 is finally here! Today, events and activities will be taking place all over the world to raise awareness of MS.
Here’s a little summary of what’s going on in a few countries this year:
- The Brazilian Association of MS (ABEM) will celebrate World MS Day with lunch and live music at ABEM HQ and a TV appearance by neurologist Liliana Russo.
- Cyprus MS Association will hold a press conference in Nicosia.
- MS Society of Canada will illuminate Niagara Falls in red from 9 to 10.30pm. They’re also organising a social at the local Crowne Plaza overlooking the Falls to watch the spectacle.
- The Finnish MS Society is organising a festival in Helsinki for World MS Day. Singer Saija Varjus will perform at the event which will be hosted by MP Jani Toivola. Other activities will include an acrobatics performance and a solidarity chain in the form of ‘MS’.
- The MS Society of Norway will hold a conference on disability and employment in Oslo. Politicians and representatives of health authorities, labour unions and disability organisations are expected to attend the conference. Visit the Society’s website for details.
- Swedish MS Foundation is holding an information event in Lund, Sweden. Click here to look at the event programme and to register for the event.
- AEDEM will be forming chains of solidarity in Madrid and other major cities in Spain to mark World MS Day 2013. Their young persons group AEDEM Young will also encourage young people to join their ‘The Missing Piece is You’ campaign and raise awareness on social media.
Still haven’t decided what you’re doing for World MS Day? Get in touch with your national MS society to find out what’s going on near you or join us on the World MS Day website, facebook page or twitter channel!