Posted on December 4th, 2012
To mark the International Day for Persons with Disabilities 2013 AMSEL took part in an event held at the Mercedes Benz Museum in Stuttgart.
The event, which brought together organisations for disabled people in the area was held on Sunday 2nd December- one day ahead of the International Day.
The Mercedes Benz Museum ran a special programme of activities based around movement and dance. Highlights included:
- Wheelchair dance performances from the Ludwigsburg Dance Club and the opportunity for all visitors to get involved
- Segway experiences
- Special tours of the automobile museum including 15-minute ‘blind tours’ in the dark
- Demonstrations from service dogs
- An information booth on MS hosted by BLACKBIRD
- Showing of disability adjusted vehicles including wheelchairs and handcycles
Visitors were invited to take part in a world record attempt for the longest wheelchair chain in a museum.
The museum remained open to the public creating an opportunity to raise awareness about disability issues in Germany and for them to take part in the activities too!