Posted on May 24th, 2011
So far activities are confirmed in 62 countries:
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, India, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Korea, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Malaysia, Mexico, Montenegro, Namibia, Netherlands, Norway, Pakistan, Palestinian Authority, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Scotland, Spain, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, South Korea, Turkey, Tunisia, UAE, Uruguay, USA, Yemen.
If your country is not mentioned above, please get in touch to tell us about your World MS Day events
- In Peru neurologists will gather for a conference and a musical activity will take place for all in a park in Lima.
- In Trakai, Lithuania a mass will be held followed by a conference and film-screening. The Lithuanian MS Union will be organising a number of awareness-raising events at a festival marking the start of summer.
- The Belgian MS League has a number of events in the pipeline, including the Walloon Society’s Open Day and film screening. One of the country’s banks is gathering signatures for MSIF’s ‘access to work’ petition, on the initiative of one of its employees whose son has MS.
- The Montenegro MS Association is launching a book.
- The Polish MS Parliamentary Group, a group of MPs with an interest in MS, will be in session. The Polish MS Society is organising an educational workshop for journalists focusing on the problems that people with MS face in their daily lives. MS experts will attend alongside people with MS who continue to lead active professional lives.
- A range of activities are planned in Bosnia, including a day out for 30 people with MS; a seminar on MS; a bicycle race and guest spots on radio and television shows.
- In the Netherlands the World MS Day campaign will be promoted on the radio and television with broadcasts of ‘A Beautiful Day’ having started on 20 May. On World MS Day there will be a special television program broadcast on one of the country’s most popular television stations, “BN-er in de zorg”, with two well-known Dutch artists following two people with MS and a day in the life of someone with MS.
- Forums and a fair in La Paz and Cochabamba will mark the Day in Bolivia
- Press coverage is being gathered Ghana and Vietnam.