Posted on May 21st, 2010
Biogen Idec has arranged activities in support of World MS Day 2010
Biogen Idec, an international pharmaceutical company, has joined the global movement to end MS. They are celebrating World MS Day in many of their national offices as well as working with local MS societies.
- In the United States, conducting a MyMS Yoga class for MS patients with world-renowned yoga instructor Baron Baptiste and teaming up with O’Jay’s singer Walter Williams as he shares his experiences about living with MS;
- In France, hosting an art exhibit with paintings from MS patients and partnering with local MS societies for the opening of the “House of MS” where patients and their families can go to learn more about MS and discuss living with their disease with physicians, psychologists, nurses and patient associations;
- In Germany, along with a local patient organisation, hosting “Multiple Sclerosis: A Subject, that Concerns Us All,” an MS awareness event with a climbing wall, artists, musicians and MS information booths;
- In Switzerland, providing yoga lessons to raise awareness of MS as part of the MS Yoga programme;
- In Ireland, asking people to encourage employers to support people with MS in the workplace through a call to action;
- In Japan, distributing information about MS to the public to raise awareness of the disease; and
- In India, supporting chapters of a local patient organisation through MS-educational events.
To read more about how Biogen Idec is supporting World MS Day visit their website